Sunday, July 5, 2009

Last Chance Camp

I am sitting here in Penrith after an amazing weekend at a 24 Hour Mega Swim at Homebush. The event was great, we more than doubled the teams from last year and more than doubled the money raised. So far it stands at $146, 569.10 and hopefully everyone will get their pledges in! So I decided that since our last camp starts on Wednesday I might as well stay in NSW instead of going back to Melbourne for a day and a half..

I have booked into the Chifley Penrith Panthers as we were supposed to be staying here for our camp. However they have changed hotels so on Wednesday I will have to move to the Log Cabin Motel where we stayed during the last camp.

This camp is the most important camp we have. We will be time trialling on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at which time we have to prove to the selectors that we are fast enough to head over to the World Championships. We all know we can do it, but I am sure that the nerves will be there. Which is good as our adrenaline will be flowing.

I am having tomorrow off, especially after this past weekend, but I will be training at SIRC on Tuesday and Wednesday in a single before the rest of the crew arrives on Wednesday afternoon. Hopefully the next time I write I will have good news that we are on our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment