Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Day Has Arrived

Welcome to Sunday or "D" Day!

I am awake much earlier than Lisa and Alex so thought I would just quickly write a short note. This is probably the most important day of my short rowing career. We have to impress the selectors more than we have ever thought possible. It has been an interesting weekend. We have done two time trials so far,(to explain to non rowers reading this, the selectors look at our time and give it a percentage against the world best) and they haven't been too bad. On Friday we were ranked third highest amongst all the Senior A and B crews who are going to World Champs and Saturday we ranked 9th. So we are definitely in the mix.

We were disappointed with our row on Saturday as we all thought it felt a bit stronger but we weren't together enough. We did think that we had gone faster than Friday but the time was almost identical. I think that we are all putting so much into this that not only were we tired physically but mentally as well. So we had the afternoon off and I can tell you this old body certainly was happy about that!

So today is it...I am a bit nervous but I know that those nerves will serve me well when we are sitting on the start line. I am very ready to go out and give it my all as I know the rest of the crew is. So hopefully the next entry will be one that says, no that screams..."We are going to Poland"!

No comments:

Post a Comment